HOW TO WASH YOUR BASKETBALL JERSEY?
(Tips and tricks to keep your jersey lasting long)
BY: MIKE @JERSEYCONNECT
1.TURN YOUR JERSEY INSIDE OUT
- Turning your jersey inside out will help extend the longevity of your jersey.
- The interior of the jersey will take most of the aggressiveness of the wash cycle. This will leave the lettering/numbering less prone to long term fading.
2. PUT YOUR JERSEY IN THE WASHING MACHINE
- We recommend washing your jersey in its own load or by itself.
- Washing it by itself will reduce any unnecessary damage from other clothing. (zippers, buttons, Velcro, bleeding colors etc.)
3. ADD SOAP
- Fabric softener is optional.
- DO NOT ADD BLEACH (it will fade the colors).
- If there are spot stains, we recommend using a bleach pen to work on concentrated areas.
4. PUT WASH TO A DELICATE CYCLE
- The delicate cycle is the gentlest wash and will keep your clothing lasting longer.
- We recommend putting the washing cycle in a cold temperature.
5. RECOMMENDATION: HANG/AIR DRY YOUR JERSEY
- Hang drying your jersey will be the best way to preserve your jersey.
- Dryers can be very harsh to clothing. They can loosen stitching due to vigorous spinning and fade colors due to the high heat.
- If you do dry your jersey in the dryer, PLEASE use a low heat and delicate cycle.